Health Tip: Practice Window Safety02/15/12
(HealthDay News) -- Curious toddlers are especially prone to
crawling through and falling from windows, so it's best to practice
these safety suggestions, courtesy of the Cleveland Clinic:
- Be sure you can't open any window enough to allow a child to
- If your window locks require a key, store it nearby.
- Never place furniture near a window. A child could climb the
furniture and fall through the nearby window.
- Don't assume that a screen will take the place of a window
- Board up or repair any broken or cracked glass.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.