Health Tip: Add Some Panache to Packed Lunches02/15/12
(HealthDay News) -- If your kids are easily bored with the
lunches you pack for school, try adding a little pizzazz (and
nutrition) to the boring brown bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to make
packed lunches more exciting for your kids:
- Have a meeting when you plan out the week's lunches
- Include special treats to celebrate special days; for example,
pack red foods for Valentine's Day.
- Pack new foods that your kids seem interested in.
- Pack extras to share with friends, which could encourage a
- Buy some fun storage gear that will keep foods insulated.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.