Health Tip: When a Child Resists Going to Bed02/17/12
(HealthDay News) -- Getting your youngster to go to sleep is the
most stressful time of day for many parents. But it doesn't have to
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to help tackle
toddlers' sleep troubles:
- Create, a consistent, quiet and relaxing bedtime routine.
- Let your child take a favorite stuffed animal or blanket to
- Offer your child a drink of water or a night light to make sure
he or she is comfortable.
- Don't allow your toddler to sleep in your bed.
- Don't enter your child's room every time the child cries.
- Be patient, and realize that good sleep habits can take time to
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.