Health Tip: Protect Your Feet From Fungal
(HealthDay News) -- Public locker rooms and showers may be
breeding grounds for fungi, so it's important to protect your
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these
- Kick off your shoes and let your feet breathe while you're at
- Put on a clean pair of socks each day, especially when the
weather is warm.
- Thoroughly dry your feet after bathing or showering. Wear
sandals or flip flops when in a public shower or locker room.
- Throw away old, worn exercise shoes. Never borrow shoes from
- Inspect pets for hair loss, a potential sign of fungal
infection, which could be passed to you or other people. Take your
pet to a vet for proper diagnosis.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.