Health Tip: Protect Your Kids' Teeth From
(HealthDay News) -- Monitoring your child's diet and limiting
sugar intake can help protect the child from cavities.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions
to promote healthier teeth:
- Offer only water or low-fat milk to your child, instead of soda
- Skip meals and snacks that pack a lot of added sugar.
- Allow only sugarless gum.
- Teach your child which foods can harm or help dental
- Practice proper dental hygiene among all members of the
- Ensure that your child receives proper dental care, starting at
a very early age.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.