Health Tip: Appreciate Your Body Image While
(HealthDay News) -- Some women have a difficult time accepting
their changing, growing bodies while they are pregnant.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help women better
appreciate their bodies during pregnancy:
- Understand that your body is changing to help you care for your
- Talk to friends, family and loved ones about what you're
- Enjoy some light exercise or take a prenatal yoga class. This
should help you feel better emotionally and physically.
- Learn self-massage techniques.
- Seek help from a mental health professional if you have serious
problems accepting your changing body.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.