Health Tip: Living With Restless Legs Syndrome03/02/12
(HealthDay News) -- Restless legs syndrome causes uncomfortable
sensations in the legs and the strong desire to move the legs
during rest or inactivity.
The National Sleep Foundation mentions these lifestyle changes
that may help control RLS symptoms:
- Decrease consumption of alcohol, caffeine and tobacco.
- Take an iron supplement as directed.
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule.
- Maintain a regular exercise routine.
- Soak in a hot bath.
- Treat the legs to a gentle massage, an ice pack or a heating
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.