Health Tip: Help Prevent Heel Problems03/21/12
(HealthDay News) -- The heel is the largest of the human foot's
26 bones. And it's no stranger to strain and pain.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to help
prevent heel problems:
- Make sure your shoes fit well and offer plenty of support for
the entire foot.
- Make sure you wear the right shoes for each activity.
- Stop using shoes that are well worn on the soles or heels.
- Carefully warm up and stretch before exercise, and remember to
- Treat your body to the right foods and plenty of rest; lose
weight if you are overweight or obese.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.