Health Tip: Get Ready for Your Marathon03/27/12
(HealthDay News) -- Marathons require months of training and
preparation, but it's also important to take care of yourself
during and just before the big race.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these reminders:
- Make sure you eat properly and drink plenty of water.
- Lubricate the skin on any places where you may develop chafing
- Dress in layers, so you can shed clothing as you get warmer
during the race.
- Warm up with the walk to the race site and/or some light
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the race site.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.