Health Tip: Healthy Eating While Vacationing04/03/12
(HealthDay News) -- Delicious meals can be a fun part of a great
vacation. But take care not to end your trip with extra baggage
around your waistline.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these healthy
eating suggestions while you're traveling:
- Limit eating rich, high-calorie dishes. If you crave a meal
that comes in a large portion, share it with someone.
- Eat regularly throughout the day, so you don't get too hungry
- Stay physically active; try walking to most attractions.
- Buy healthy snacks, including plenty of fresh fruits and
- Pack a cooler with healthy sandwiches, salads and bottled
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.