Health Tip: Overcoming Obstacles to Exercise04/23/12
(HealthDay News) -- Life's problems often get in the way of your
best intentions when it comes to exercise.
The American Council on Exercise offers these possible solutions
to combatting exercise "saboteurs":
- When you're stressed out, schedule time for even a very short
workout. Exercise is a great way to fight intense stress, the
- Don't set unrealistic expectations, which can only result in
frustration. Set goals that challenge you, but are attainable.
- Avoid overtraining, which can slow your progress. Instead,
schedule some down time to help your body rest and recover.
- When something unexpected comes up, adjust your workout plan
accordingly, but don't eliminate exercise entirely.
- Pump up and motivate yourself with positive thoughts.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.