Health Tip: Make TV Time Exercise Time05/04/12
(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to give up television
watching just to lead a more active lifestyle.
The American Council on Exercise suggests these ways to exercise
while you're watching TV:
- Don't use your remote. Instead, get up off the couch to change
- During commercial breaks, walk up and down the stairs, or walk
around the room.
- Work out using a resistance band.
- Invest in a treadmill, so you can work out while you
- Iron your clothes while watching.
- Instead of lounging on the couch, sit on a stability ball.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.