Health Tip: When Gardening Triggers Back Pain05/08/12
(HealthDay News) -- Gardening is a great form of exercise, but
it can also leave you with a painful backache.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to garden without
- Use correct posture and form.
- Warm up before you garden with a 10-minute walk.
- Make sure all of your movements are smooth and steady.
- Keep your abdominal muscles taut.
- Lift with your legs (never your back).
- Don't twist your back while digging.
- Breathe regularly. Exhale when you lift, and inhale as you
lower a heavy load.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.