Health Tip: Help Prevent Chronic Ear
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic ear infections are common in young
children. But there are steps parents can take to help keep these
painful infections from coming back, says the National Institute on
Deafness and Other Communication Disorders:
- Tell your child to avoid people who are smoking.
- Don't let your child go to bed with a bottle.
- Make sure your child gets all necessary vaccinations, and keep
your child away from others who are sick.
- Make sure your child washes his or her hands regularly.
- If your child continues to get regular ear infections, talk to
your pediatrician about additional steps to help prevent them.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.