Health Tip: Eat More Fruits and Veggies09/24/12
(HealthDay News) -- You should fill half of your plate with
fruits and veggies at each meal, experts say. But that can be a
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these creative
suggestions for boosting consumption of fruits and vegetables:
- Keep a big bowl of fresh, brightly colored fruit in your
- When you have a recipe for pasta, pizza, soup, salad, casserole
or sandwiches, double the amount of fruits or veggies that are
- Puree, shred or grate veggies into dishes such as rice,
meatloaf, mashed potatoes and pasta sauce.
- Spice up your old recipes with a new vegetable.
- Use a big lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla or bread for a
wrap. Stuff it with fresh veggies.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.