Health Tip: Get Some Rest After Giving Birth09/27/12
(HealthDay News) -- While the first weeks after your baby is
born are exciting and full of happy moments, they're also
exhausting. It's important to get as much rest as possible without
pushing yourself too much.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for new
- Stay focused on taking care of your new baby and yourself.
- Allow plenty of time for rest and to sleep whenever you
- Limit the number of visitors and the length of their
- Don't worry about making sure that your house looks
- Don't push yourself to do too much.
- Ask for help with house chores, errands, etc.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.