Health Tip: Gear Up for Safe Soccer10/01/12
(HealthDay News) -- Proper technique, protection and training
are essential to preventing soccer injuries.
The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons offers these safety
suggestions for soccer players:
- Stay in good physical shape, even in the off-season, with
regular exercise and strength training.
- Always warm up and stretch before playing.
- Always cool down and stretch after playing.
- Be sure to drink enough water before and during play.
- Always wear proper safety gear, including shin guards and shoes
with ribbed soles or molded cleats.
- When the field is wet, use soccer balls made of synthetic,
nonabsorbent materials, instead of leather.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.