Health Tip: Beat Boredom10/15/12
(HealthDay News) -- Your desire for exercise may be waning if
you're bored with the same old routine.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to keep your
workout fun and exciting:
- Make a quick, simple change to your routine, such as kickboxing
instead of step aerobics, free weights instead of machines, or
running, biking or hiking instead of working out indoors.
- Begin an entirely new activity or sport.
- Join a team sport or find a workout buddy.
- Begin a cross-training regimen that switches between
cardiovascular, flexibility and weight-training exercises.
- Indulge in a new workout gadget.
- Treat yourself to a bit of time off, then get back to it.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.