Health Tip: Am I at Risk for Endometriosis?10/18/12
(HealthDay News) -- Endometriosis occurs in women when
endometrial tissue that lines the uterus grows outside of the
uterus. Pelvic pain during menstruation is a common symptom.
The womenshealth.gov website says risk factors for endometriosis
- Never having had a child.
- Having a menstrual period of longer than seven days.
- Having a menstrual cycle of fewer than 27 days.
- Having a close family member who has had endometriosis.
- Having a health condition affecting the normal flow of
- Having had an infection that damaged cells in the pelvis.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.