Health Tip: Handling Food During Pregnancy11/01/12
(HealthDay News) -- Women are more susceptible during pregnancy
to foodborne illness, which also can harm the unborn baby, the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says.
The academy offers these food safety suggestions for pregnant
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Make sure you keep raw meat separate from ready-to-eat
- Always cook food thoroughly until it reaches the appropriate
- Quickly refrigerate any leftovers to 40 degrees Fahrenheit or
- Avoid potentially risky foods, such as raw or undercooked eggs
or meat, unpasteurized milk and raw fish.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.