Health Tip: Keep Pollen Under Control11/02/12
(HealthDay News) -- It's impossible to avoid many types of
seasonal pollen, but you can take steps to limit your exposure.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences offers
- Avoid being outside between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. Pollen counts
usually are lower during other hours, especially after a
- During the warmer months, keep car and home windows closed, and
run the air conditioning.
- Dry your clothes inside in an automatic dryer. If you hang
clothing outside, pollen can collect on it and be carried into your
- Have someone else mow the lawn. Keep the grass cut short.
- When planting, look for varieties that are low pollen
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.