Health Tip: Protect Your Child From Abduction11/06/12
(HealthDay News) -- Worried parents can take steps to help
protect their children from abduction, the American Academy of
The academy offers these suggestions:
- Keep a close and constant eye on your child when you're out
- Talk to your child's preschool about its safety policies.
- Make sure your child is always supervised by a trusted
- Teach your child that he or she should never go with a
stranger, even if the stranger asks for help. If approached by a
stranger, the child should know to run, yell loudly and seek
immediate help from a trusted adult.
- Always check references of babysitters and nannies. Seek
references first from your friends and family.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.