Health Tip: Preventing Excess Gas11/07/12
(HealthDay News) -- Excess gas in the digestive tract can make
you feel bloated and uncomfortable.
The American Gastroenterological Association offers these
suggestions to help prevent the condition:
- If you wear dentures, have your dentist check them to be sure
they fit properly.
- Don't chew gum or eat hard candies, particularly those that
- Avoid eating foods that contain high fructose corn syrup. Also
avoid carbonated drinks.
- Don't eat foods that tend to cause gas, such as cauliflower,
broccoli, beans, bran and cabbage.
- If you are lactose-intolerant, restrict dairy products.
- Try exercise -- especially jogging, walking or
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.