Health Tip: Eat Enough Legumes11/09/12
(HealthDay News) -- Beans, peas and lentils are examples of
legumes -- nourishing foods that pack a lot of energy.
The University of Michigan Health System says the benefits of
- They're low-fat foods and are an excellent source of
- They're protein-rich and a good source of fiber.
- They contain essential nutrients, such as folate, calcium,
zinc, iron and selenium.
- They have a low glycemic index.
- They're affordable and don't require a lot of effort to
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.