Health Tip: Enjoying Thanksgiving Leftovers11/20/12
(HealthDay News) -- One of the best parts of Thanksgiving may be
enjoying the dinner leftovers.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration suggests these safe
storage tips for holiday treats to be eaten later:
- Cut up the turkey into small pieces to store in the
- Separate leftover stuffing and store it in a separate container
from the turkey.
- Place leftovers into shallow containers, and refrigerate within
two hours of cooking.
- Eat or freeze leftover turkey and stuffing within four
- Thoroughly reheat leftovers to an internal temperature of 165
degrees Fahrenheit, until they appear steaming hot.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.