Health Tip: Do You Have a Heart Murmur?11/26/12
(HealthDay News) -- A heart murmur is an extra or unusual sound
made by the heart as it beats.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says some
cases have no obvious warning signs. In other cases, symptoms may
- Feeling short of breath.
- Sweating excessively, despite little physical activity.
- Having chest pain or a chronic cough.
- Fainting or feeling dizzy.
- Having a blue tint to the skin.
- Suddenly gaining weight or swelling.
- Having an enlarged liver or enlarged neck veins.
- Among infants, showing poor development or lack of
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.