Health Tip: Taking Medication to Manage Diabetes11/28/12
(HealthDay News) -- Medication can help keep diabetes under
control, but it's important to understand what you're taking and
how to take it.
The American Diabetes Association poses these questions to ask
your doctor about diabetes medications:
- Could any of my medications cause low blood sugar?
- When should I take my diabetes medications?
- How much medication should I take?
- Should I continue to take my diabetes medications when I am
- Do I need to adjust my medications before I exercise?
- Do I need to adjust my medications if I skip a meal?
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.