Health Tip: Get Heart Healthy12/03/12
(HealthDay News) -- If you want to improve your heart health, it
may require a long-term commitment to changing your lifestyle.
The American Heart Association offers these heart-healthy
- Replace your bad habits with healthier habits.
- Creating new habits takes time, possibly as long as 90
- Approach these changes as replacing bad habits, rather than as
- Create several small, short-term goals out of one big one.
- Be accountable to a friend you trust.
- Let yourself indulge every once in a while.
- Replace TV with daily exercise.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.