Health Tip: Stay Active After a Heart Attack12/05/12
(HealthDay News) -- Having a heart attack shouldn't put an end
to an active lifestyle.
The American Heart Association offers these guidelines for when
you resume exercise:
- Exercise only if your doctor says it's safe.
- Begin each workout with a gentle warm-up and end with a
- Monitor the intensity of your activity, making sure it's within
the recommended range.
- Monitor your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Be aware of warning signs that you're pushing yourself too
hard, including chest pain, lightheadedness or feeling out of
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.