Health Tip: Identifying Pinkeye12/05/12
(HealthDay News) -- Conjunctivitis is an eye infection commonly
called pinkeye. It's very common and is spread easily.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says common
symptoms of conjunctivitis include:
- Swelling and reddening of the whites of the eyes.
- Increased tear production.
- Discharge from the eyes that may be white, green or
- Eyes that burn, itch or feel sensitive to light.
- A gritty sensation in the eye.
- Crust development on the eyelids or lashes.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.