Health Tip: If You've Got Knee Arthritis12/07/12
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis in one or both knees can make it
painful and difficult to bend, run or walk.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
suggestions to help ease knee arthritis pain and discomfort:
- Lose any excess weight to ease strain and stress on the
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Undergo physical therapy.
- Switch from high-impact exercise such as running to low-impact
exercise such as walking or swimming.
- Use a supportive device, such as energy-absorbing shoes, a
brace or a cane.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.