Health Tip: Manage Diabetes During Pregnancy12/10/12
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your diabetes under control during
pregnancy can help prevent birth defects, prematurity, miscarriage
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests how
to help promote a healthy pregnancy among women with diabetes:
- Before you are pregnant, see your doctor to create a plan for a
healthy pregnancy. Stick to a recommended check-up schedule.
- Maintain a healthy diet before and during pregnancy, and get
plenty of regular exercise.
- Follow your doctor's recommendations for all medications.
- Frequently check your blood sugar level, and strive to keep it
as stable as possible.
- Promptly treat any low blood sugar episodes, and wear a
bracelet that identifies you as diabetic.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.