Health Tip: Get Ready for Cardiac Rehab12/12/12
(HealthDay News) -- A cardiac rehabilitation program teaches you
how to lead a heart-healthy lifestyle, covering topics from fitness
The American Council on Exercise says here's what to expect from
a cardiac rehab program:
- First, you'll talk to the staff about your medical history,
current medications, your lifestyle and your goals for the
- The staff should devise a personal treatment and exercise
- During actual rehab visits, you'll probably weigh yourself,
then exercise while hooked up to a device that records your heart
- Your program may include aerobic, flexibility and strengthening
- The program also may cover how to make healthy food choices,
manage your health and deal with the emotional issues associated
with a heart condition.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.