Health Tip: Think 'Healthy' During the Holidays12/17/12
(HealthDay News) -- The holiday season brings family
get-togethers, lots of food and, unfortunately, germs. But there
are things you can do to help protect your health during the
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions
these holiday health tips:
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Dress appropriately to protect against cold weather.
- Practice safe driving habits.
- Control holiday stress when possible.
- Make sure you're current on vaccinations and checkups.
- Don't smoke.
- Eat plenty of nutritious foods and get plenty of exercise.
- Keep older kids' toys, food, drinks, household items and
choking hazards away from young children.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.