Health Tip: Control Holiday Stress12/18/12
(HealthDay News) -- Holiday stress can quickly spiral out of
control. But you can take steps to keep your holidays merry and
bright, not frantic and frazzled.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice:
- Don't push yourself too hard to find the "perfect" gift.
- Start shopping now so you're not rushed at the end of the
- Make family get-togethers simpler by cooking and freezing food
ahead of time, buying prepared foods or asking each family member
to bring a dish.
- Be selective in scheduling your time and attending events.
- Don't overeat or "pig out" on unhealthy foods. Make time for
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.