Health Tip: If You've Got Food Allergies12/21/12
(HealthDay News) -- Before you visit any holiday buffet, be
careful if you have a food allergy.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology mentions
these important recommendations:
- Ask about the ingredients in any dish before you taste it.
- Remember that any food can be cross-contaminated while being
prepared alongside other dishes.
- Don't eat any food if you don't feel comfortable that it
doesn't contain something to which you're allergic.
- If necessary, bring your own food to a party or eat before you
- Carry an emergency epinephrine kit with you at all times.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.