Health Tip: Soothing Morning Sickness12/31/12
(HealthDay News) -- Morning sickness can plague a mother-to-be
all day, preventing her from getting the nutrition she and her baby
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers
these suggestions to help soothe morning sickness:
- Make sure you get enough rest.
- Stay away from odors that upset your stomach.
- Instead of eating three large meals each day, eat five to six
smaller meals throughout the day.
- Before getting out of bed, eat a few crackers to calm your
- Snack on protein-rich foods, such as yogurt.
- Skip foods that are greasy or high in fat.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.