Health Tip: Choosing Healthy Frozen Produce01/01/13
(HealthDay News) -- Frozen produce can be just as healthy and
delicious as fresh varieties, but you have to read labels carefully
to be sure you're not downing extra calories.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these guidelines
for choosing the healthiest frozen produce:
- Stick to plain frozen veggies and avoid those packaged in
- Always read labels to check fat and calorie content.
- Make sure any frozen juice is 100 percent juice.
- Get adventurous with frozen veggies and experiment with frozen
artichoke hearts, edamame, bell peppers and fruits such as
blueberries and mangoes.
- Enjoy the convenience of prepared frozen produce by choosing
sliced stir-fry vegetables.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.