Health Tip: Dealing With Grief01/03/13
(HealthDay News) -- Grief is a normal reaction to any type of
loss, from death to divorce.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this advice
about healthy ways to grieve:
- Reach out to loved ones to talk about how you're feeling and
what you're going through. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- Try to quickly resume your everyday routine.
- Get plenty of exercise and sleep each day.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious diet.
- Don't turn to alcohol.
- Avoid making major decisions too soon after your loss.
- Acknowledge the emotions you are feeling. It's perfectly
acceptable to cry, to feel angry or even to feel numb.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.