Health Tip: Before You See a Podiatrist01/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- If you've scheduled your first visit with a
podiatrist, or foot doctor, plan ahead to get the most out of your
The American Podiatric Medical Association lists these
guidelines to help prepare for a podiatrist visit:
- Make a list of your questions, any symptoms, current
medications and prior surgeries.
- Compile all of your relevant lab test results and medical
records from other doctors and take them with you.
- Check with your insurance company to see what is needed, and
let the podiatrist's office know if you have any special
- Ask a loved one to go with you.
- If you have a problem walking or exercising, take your workout
shoes with you.
Copyright © 2012
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.