Health Tip: Eat Right on Vacation01/15/13
(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to derail your diet plan while
you're on vacation. But experts say you can enjoy the local fare
without packing on the extra pounds.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice:
- If the local foods are rich in fat and calories, eat them in
- If you order a large portion, split it with one or two
- Eat small meals throughout the day, rather than gorging
yourself all at once.
- Take a sightseeing walk, or find some other form of physical
- If you're driving to your destination, pack healthy snacks,
such as fruits and veggies.
- Drink water or 100 percent fruit juice. Avoid beverages with
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.