Health Tip: Keep Your Salad Healthy01/16/13
(HealthDay News) -- Salad may sound like a healthy choice, but
depending on what you include, it can add up to thousands of
calories and much more than the recommended daily amount of
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions
to keep your salad healthy:
- Avoid ingredients such as bacon, fried chicken or shrimp.
- Include lean proteins, such as grilled chicken or tuna.
- Ask for dressing on the side, then use it in moderation.
- Limit high-fat toppings such as nuts, noodles or cheese.
- Choose spinach, arugula or romaine lettuce over iceberg
- Ask for extra vegetables.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.