Health Tip: Does Asthma Affect Your Sleep?01/25/13
(HealthDay News) -- Asthma can affect your sleep, as symptoms
often worsen at night.
The National Sleep Foundation offers this advice to help control
asthma and enjoy a better night's sleep:
- Take all medications as prescribed, at the same time each
- Use a peak flow meter regularly to monitor changes in lung
- Learn what your asthma triggers are, and take steps to avoid
- Get plenty of sleep each night.
- Ask your doctor about the potential benefits of an
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.