Health Tip: Giving Up Baby's Bottle02/07/13
(HealthDay News) -- By your baby's first birthday, you should
start making the transition from bottles to cups.
The Nemours Foundation offers this advice:
- Slowly cut out a bottle at a time (one per week), starting with
mealtimes and offering a cup of milk in place of the bottle.
- Cut out the morning bottle first, and eventually drop the
afternoon and night-time bottles.
- Eliminate the bedtime bottle last.
- Offer a bedtime snack with a cup of milk in place of the
- Keep the rest of the bedtime routine (bath, books, cuddles,
etc.) the same.
- Praise your child for drinking from a cup like a big kid.
Health News Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.