Health Tip: Avoid Food Poisoning02/08/13
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your kitchen clean can help avoid
food-related illness and contamination.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics makes these suggestions
for a healthier kitchen:
- Swap dirty dish towels every few days for clean ones.
- Use hot, soapy water to clean any spills in the microwave as
soon as they occur.
- After each use, carefully wash cutting boards with soap and hot
water or run through the dishwasher.
- Once weekly, toss any expired foods and clean your
- Never thaw foods on the counter, only in the refrigerator.
- Rotate foods in your freezer, putting the oldest foods in the
- Discard any cans or jars that have bulges or leaks.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.