Health Tip: Use Focused Imagery to Relax02/15/13
(HealthDay News) -- Focused imagery is a relaxation exercise
that can help you relax and deflect stress.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to practice focused
- Visualize a peaceful, relaxing image to help you tune out
- Go to a quiet spot where you can relax without
- Get into a comfortable position, either sitting or lying
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply a few times.
- Imagine paradise in your mind, whether it's relaxing on a beach
or fishing on a lake. Imagine all of the sights, sounds and
- Frequently imagine this paradise, especially when you feel
stressed. Perhaps play an audio tape that reminds you of your
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.