Health Tip: Help Prevent Foot Ulcers02/18/13
(HealthDay News) -- Open wounds, or ulcers, can develop on the
feet of people with diabetes, often due to poor blood
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to help
prevent foot ulcers:
- See a medical professional regularly.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Following your doctor's orders to help control cholesterol and
blood glucose levels.
- Wear appropriate shoes and socks.
- Regularly inspect your feet and let your doctor know about any
injuries or problems.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.