Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Help in the Kitchen02/21/13
(HealthDay News) -- Encouraging children to help in the kitchen
is a great way to start building healthy habits and teach them
The American Academy of Pediatrics mentions these
- Always make sure that while anything is cooking, an adult is
closely supervising a child.
- Teach your child to point sharp edges away from himself or
- Teach your child how to properly measure and weigh
- Always cook on the stove's rear burners and turn pot handles
- Instruct your child to always use potholders.
- When finished cooking, be sure to turn off stove burners and
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.