Health Tip: Develop Good Sleep Habits02/28/13
(HealthDay News) -- To get a good night's sleep, it's important
to develop healthy sleep habits and stick to them each night.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends these healthy sleep
habits to help you wake up rested each morning:
- Establish a regular bedtime and wake-time schedule and follow
it every day, even on weekends.
- Create a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine, and make sure
your bedroom is comfortable, dark and quiet.
- Invest in a comfortable mattress and pillows, and only sleep
and have sex in your bedroom -- nothing else.
- Don't eat within two to three hours of bedtime, and avoid
caffeine, alcohol and tobacco before going to sleep.
- Exercise regularly, but try to schedule your workout well
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.