Health Tip: Coping With Itching During Pregnancy03/01/13
(HealthDay News) -- Hormones can trigger many pregnancy
discomforts, including itching on the belly, palms of the hands and
soles of the feet.
The Womenshealth.gov website lists these suggestions to help
ease itching during pregnancy:
- Wash skin with a mild, gentle cleanser.
- Moisturize with a rich moisturizing cream.
- Make sure the water in your bath or shower isn't too hot.
- Don't wear fabrics that are itchy.
- See your doctor if you don't see improvement after a week of
using these treatments.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.